This Statement of Faith is not intended as a creed for the Church, but as a basis of unity for a full Gospel Ministry.
We believe in:
- The Bible (the Old and New Testaments), as the inspired Word of God and the infallible all sufficient rule for faith and practice.
- The Unity of the One True Living and Loving God Who is the Eternal, Self-Existent I AM and Who has also revealed Himself as One being in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Virgin Birth, sinless life, miraculous ministry, substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, triumphant ascension and abiding intercession of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in His Second coming as the blessed hope set before all believers, to reign as King in glory.
- The Fall of Man, who was created pure and upright, but fell by voluntary transgression.
- Salvation through Faith in Jesus Christ, who died for our sins according to the Scriptures, was buried and was raised from among the dead on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that through His Blood we have redemption. This experience is also known as the New Birth, and is an instantaneous and complete operation of the Holy Spirit upon repentance and initial faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Water baptism by immersion for all Believers, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Breaking of Bread in remembrance of Jesus until the Lord comes again.
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues.
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit and the Offices that have been set by God in the church, as recorded in the New Testament.
- Holiness of life and conduct in obedience to the command of God – “Be ye holy for I am holy”.
- Divine Healing.
- The Bodily Resurrection of all Mankind, the everlasting conscious bliss of all who truly believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and that everlasting conscious punishment is the portion of all whose names are not written in the Book of Life.
We aim to achieve our goals through the following values:
- We are better together
- We share resources for the common good
- We are committed to the local church while being kingdom minded
- We care for, and support, one another
- We are committed to live lives of accountability
- We rejoice in each other’s successes and encourage in times of difficulties
- We humbly recognize our dependence on Holy Spirit empowerment
- We rely on the outworking of spiritual gifts to impact our generation
- We use our resources to pursue the CCI vision
- We aspire to excellence in all that we do
- We plan for a better future as we learn from the past
- Our methods change but our mission is constant
- We are sensitive to ongoing cultural changes
- We respond compassionately to real felt needs in society